The Trinity Church family enjoys joining hands with missionaries all over the world who are doing one thing (proclaiming Christ) in many different ways! The missionaries and agencies toward which we contributed support in 2017 were the following:
- Amazing Grace (PCA) – church plant in Watseka, IL – now a particular congregation.
- Roger and Shirley Brown – serving missionaries in Africa through counseling. They live in and work out of Nairobi, Kenya. They serve under Africa Inland Mission (AIM).
- Bob and Marilyn Busenitz – work with Wycliffe and currently live in and work out of Dallas, TX. They work in translation of Indonesian languages as well as training others in the important work of getting God’s Word into the heart languages of many people groups.
- Ray and Michelle Call – Mission To the World (MTW – PCA’s foreign mission arm) missionaries planting new churches in Uruguay, South America.
- Jamie and Jackie Gildard – MTW missionaries planting churches in France, Europe.
- HIS Kids – ministry to children with cancer.
- Rob and Jenny Ilderton – MTW missionaries planting churches in London, England
- Luke and Amanda McAuley – serving under SIM in Kenya where Luke serves severely handicapped children with his Occupational Therapy skills and Amanda teaches Sunday School, piano, and leads VBS.
- One Eighty – ministry to men and women transition to productive positions in society. Based in Quad Cities.
- Presbytery of Northern Illinois church plant in Springfield, Illinois.
- Pregnancy Resources – helping couples and women make godly choices about life. Based in the Quad Cities.
In addition to these missionaries and agencies supported through our budgeted giving, special offerings were received for:
- Pregnancy Resources
- Walk for Life
- Mission to North America (MNA, PCA’s domestic mission arm) for Hurricane relief
- MNA Disaster Relief
- Operation Christmas Child
During the year, several missionaries and mission agency representatives visited Trinity Presbyterian to give updates and present the work God has laid on their hearts. These included:
- Rusty Boruff – representing the work of One Eighty. Some of those benefitting from the work of One Eighty also spoke to share how they have grown through that ministry.
- Melissa Hodges – representing the Walk for Life and Shepherd’s College, WI.
- Rob and Jenny Ilderton – by video link
- Jes Greene – asking for prayer and financial support as she prepares to go to Berlin, Germany with MTW.
It is our goal in 2018 to feature a missionary or mission agency each month, usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month. We will try to do video calls with various missionaries once a quarter.
Below is the proposed mission budget for 2018 – pending approval by the Session. The budget report also shows the distribution of special offerings for missionaries and agencies.
Note that two new mission “units” have been added to those we support through prayer and finances – Jes Greene serving with MTW in Berlin, Germany and Shepherd’s College helping to prepare young people for life in their communities using the gifts and skills God has given them.
On behalf of the missionaries and mission agencies toward which Trinity Presbyterian contributes in both prayer and financial support, the Mission Committee thanks you ALL for your consistent and generous support! Keep it up! Don’t forget to pray for the missionaries! Don’t forget to stop by the mission table in the Fellowship Hall to read recent prayer letters. Don’t forget to write, call, email, Skype or otherwise stay in touch with our missionaries. It’s a great encouragement for those serving on the field to HEAR from us! And don’t forget to indicate on your checks designated for Mission support – Trinity Missions. Undesignated gifts and offerings on 3rd Sunday of each month will go toward our mission budget.