Trinity Presbyterian Church is located at 780 State Highway 94 in Aledo, Illinois. It is located just beyond the south edge of town. From the stoplight in downtown Aledo (intersection of Highway 94 and Route 17), it is 1.2 miles south along Highway 94, situated on the right (west) side of the road. It is a little over a half-mile south of Mercer County High School. Look for this sign on the highway!
We welcome children of all ages to attend the service of worship with their parents. However, we do offer a nursery for young children – infant through age 3. The nursery is staffed with volunteers who will provide watchful and loving care for your children.
What to Expect in a Typical Service
- Worship Style – Our service is traditional in style, and it includes confessions of faith and sin as a congregation, the preaching and teaching of the Word, along with prayer. Music consists primarily of traditional hymns but occasionally more modern songs are lead by our Praise Team or other members of the congregation. Our worship service typically lasts an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Dress – You’ll find our services filled with people wearing a variety of attire – from suits and dresses to jeans and shorts. Come as you are!
- Communion – The sacrament of Communion is typically held on the first Sunday of the month. Communion is served to the congregation where seated and is taken together as a Body of Christ once all the elements have been passed out.The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper at Trinity is for all those who have received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, do now repent, strive to live a holy life, and have publicly professed their faith through membership in an evangelical church. If you are without personal saving faith in Jesus Christ, we ask that you refrain from taking Communion, but we implore you to receive Christ by faith and repentance.
- Offering – The offering collection is a way for members and friends of Trinity Church to support the church’s mission and ministry. If you are visiting as a guest, please feel under no obligation to give.
- Refreshment Sunday (usually the 2nd Sunday of the month) – Join us in the Fellowship Hall immediately following worship for snacks, desserts, and conversation.
- Fellowship Meal Sunday (usually the 4th Sunday of the month) – Members provide the dishes for our monthly potluck, located in the Fellowship Hall. Guests need only bring their appetites!